I have not blogged in a very long time. I apologize.
Sometimes I feel like I have stuff to talk about, but most times the act of typing up an entire blog entry seems very daunting to me and instead I just smoke a bunch of weed and fall asleep.
Speaking of which. You must give me a minute.
How much better that is. Why I ever attempt to blog un-stoned is a mystery to most.
So anyway.
I guess I will just tell you guys about some stuff. I am going to do it list-style because I like lists.
- I've been living in MA since April 4. Right now I live in Inman Square with my friends Capn Dan and Jen. Capn Dan is an old school homie of mine from Dracut, MA, and we were roommates in Allston in 2003 I think. He is a comedic and musical genius. Jen is a former member of GIRLFRIENDS, so we have lived together in a van before for one month. Jen is very sweet and smart, and speaks French! I am reading a children's book in French right now, and I need her help with some of the parts. The house though, in the book...it has its own thoughts.
Inman Square is a very very small and awesome neighborhood of Somerville/Cambridge MA which you must cross the Charles River to get to from Boston. Look at me, giving out directions and shit. That's probably not even right.
It is sorta weird because even though I'm not particularly social/outgoing, I still feel way better when I am living in the city. Whenever I am in Dunstable, I feel isolated and alone, and need to be in Boston because that's where my friends/"stuff" is. But then when I am in the city I do nothing all day and don't call anyone. Ha. I suck.
- I have health insurance now courtesy of Commonwealth Care. Thank you Massachusetts! I needed that.
- I had a job for like three weeks. A JOB!!! But I don't have it anymore. :( I'm sad. I liked it. I think they stopped calling me because I told them I didn't really want to work that much. But that was what I thought they were looking for in the first place! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
- I have been mostly hanging out with my friend B. Clark, who is the bloke who came on tour with us this March. We have been good friends for a long time. We went to the Museum of Fine Arts which I had never been to before. It was pretty cool but I got tired of walking around so we were not there for long. Mostly Brian and I like to smoke weed.
- I have a new boyfriend. He is the most adorable boy in the entire world. I like to hang out with, talk to, and look at him. That is all :)
- I really wanted to go see Girlfriends last night in Allston, but I ended up getting really high and falling asleep at 9 PM instead. I'm sorry!
- I have a new EP coming out on Art Fag Recordings called "Cujo". It is good!
- I have been playing a few shows here and there in Boston and New York. One of them was a very special acoustic show with Dee Dee from Dum Dum Girls, Brandon from Crocodiles, and Woven Bones. It was a really great show and I had a blast. I ended up driving instead of taking the bus cuz I'm a lazy piece of shit. I have never really driven a long distance by myself before, but it was fun. I smoked weed, ate snacks, and stopped WHENEVER I FELT LIKE IT. And it was silent for the most part.
Anyway, this show was funny because it was being touted as a REALLY SPECIAL STRIPPED DOWN ALL-ACOUSTIC SHOW! and at the risk of sounding like a turd, I noticed that the facebook event name was changed, on the day of the event, from just the names of the bands and maybe the word acoustic somewhere, to "Dum Dum Girls (Acoustic), Crocodiles (Acoustic), Woven Bones, Colleen Green".
And I was the only one who played acoustic!!!
Ha.
OK, well, Woven Bones did play acoustic instruments, but they had a full band.
Dee Dee and Brandon both played electric guitars.
Bless their adorable hearts.
My set was funny.
I used Andy Bones's acoustic/electric guitar and it kept sliding off of my shoulder. During the first song I played, which was "Marriage" by the Descendents, I kept having to stop and re-adjust the guitar and no one had any idea what was going on so they just clapped. And then I would continue playing that song I had just been playing.
I don't think I should be allowed in public most of the time.
After I "tamed the guitar strap" as some guy put it, things went a little more smoothly.
If I had just played a regular acoustic guitar and sat on a chair, things woulda been juuuuuust fine probably.
Oh well.
I also played "Sometimes" by Blink 182.
I really really REALLY wanted to play with just an acoustic guitar with no plugs or microphones or anything. But they would not let me. They said it would be way too quiet. But that is what I wanted. That place was just too big. Ain't my fault. Don't punish me please sir.
Another thing that made this show special (beside the fact that I did not wear sunglasses or any make up and had no bangs and wore my dirty nightgown) was that I saw my friend JOHNNY who is an old-school homie of mine from Boston and now apparently manages Glasslands!
It was so fun. I saw him, and thought it looked like Johnny at first, but he has a shaved head now, and didn't seem to know who I was, and no one was addressing him by name. BUT, I knew that Johnny now lived in Brooklyn and did "bar shit". Since I was by myself at the show I figured I didn't really have anything to lose so I went up and said JOHNNY! and it was HIM!!!!
We were very happy to see each other. He had been confused because he thought I was still in L.A. I mean, I don't blame him.
He gave me free drinks and even though I don't drink, I drank them because, how often do you get to see your friend from a bunch of years ago who you haven't seen in years and he is now managing a really dope venue in Brooklyn and you are now playing this really dope show at HIS venue. That is the funnest thing ever!
I didn't drink very much though, at all.
My friend Jay came to the show and I stayed with him after because that is where I usually stay when I am in Brooklyn.
Jay is the nicest and RULES! And he is always willing to hang out with you when you are in Brooklyn. He got a new couch and this was very exciting for me because his new couch is big and soft and before, he just had two really small couches that were not that comfortable. One like, wasn't even for sitting or laying on.
I woke up in the morning and smoked a bowl. It was really sunny and beautiful and it made me think of the summer when me and Kayla went to a bunch of Dillinger Four shows in Philadelphia, New York, and Boston. We took the buses and stayed with Jay in NY and it was one of the funnest things I've ever done.
I MISS THAT SHIT.
Well, I guess that is about it for now. It is a fucking gorgeous day in Boston. I will probably be inside for most of it. But that is ok. I don't want to get cancer.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i was just talking about those D4 shows the other day. i miss that too. xo.
ReplyDelete