Monday, January 10, 2011

END OF 2010.

Ok, so I guess I will blog a bit about my last days in Boston. They were fun!!

And I suppose I should probably tell you what I did for NYE, because people care about shit like that, right?

Just as they care about every other completely useless tidbit of info I type up in this piece of shit blog.

So anyway. In sum:

- I went home to Dunstable, MA for the holidays.
- I recorded 4 songs at Nelly's house. They came out good! Thanks to Nelly, Jarrod, Corey, and Jenna for putting up with me and letting me use their stuff and drink their coffee. I forgot to put the top on the coffee pot the first time I tried to make it, and none of the coffee dripped into it. Then I put the cover on and put the pot back in place and all the coffee poured down into it really fast!
It was scary! But at least I didn't break it as I had initially worried.
- I hung out with Jeanette, Ben Frassa, and Matt Flynn a bunch.
- I saw some really great bands and played an AWESOME show with my friend Andy on drums!
- I took Ativan for the first time.
- I smoked weed with my cousin.
- I hung out with many awesome friends.
- I smoked a lot of weed.

My New Year's Eve plans were to "smoke weed and walk around", and I definitely feel I accomplished this goal.

I went to Jamaica Plain to hang out with my friends Sideburns and Lil' Joe.
They have a new living room and are VERY nice boys.
We smoked weed and watched a few episodes of The O.C.
It's just what we do.
Lil Joe was sick. He had a very comfy-looking blanket. I hope he feels better at this point!

Then I met up with Brian Clark at a house show in Lower Allston. I had to park very far away and got sort of lost trying to walk to the show.
But I didn't mind that much, cuz I wanted to "walk around", you know?
The show was pretty fun. I watched one band but I don't know who it was. I went specifically to see Comanche but ended up leaving before they played.

Here is a picture of the party I was at:


It was actually pretty awesome cuz Nora, Andre, Ryan P., Sean McAllister, and Veronica were ALL there among a lot of other awesome people.

So that was nice.

Then around 11:00 me and BC decided to go back to his house in JP where a stylish party was going on.
It was COOL!
Everyone looked great. Jen and Capn Dan were there. Ben and Athena, (they live there, and YES that's Ben from GIRLFRIENDS that I am talking about!!), Sideburns, Tuck and Amelia, Andy, and EMEEN!!!

Also, a girl named Alex was there and I introduced myself to her for the FIRST TIME! I forget if we had met before that. Alex is important because in photographs, sometimes, we look like the same person.
It is weird and cool.
Hi Alex. Are you reading this? You told me at this party that you read my blog and asked me if I thought that was weird.
(I answered no, of course.)
Hi Dace! You're cool too.

So then it was midnight and stuff, and I sipped a small shot of Sweet Tea flavored vodka. It tasted EXACTLY like sweet tea flavored vodka.

This party had deece snacks.
We smoked a big joint.

Then a bunch of us walked to anotherrr party down the street. But it actually seemed to take a long time to get there. But I didn't mind, cuz I wanted to walk around and all.

This party had even BETTER snacks but was LAME! I guess on NYE, it is harder to find good parties later on in the night cuz everyone gets SO wasted so early on in the night cuz they wanna be fucking trashed by the time 12:00 rolls around.

Me and Sideburns just stood next to the snack table eating chips and dip for a really long time in near silence.

Yeah.
So then a bunch of us left.
Me and Sideburns smoked weed and I slept on his couch.

THEN the next morning/afternoon me and Sideburns smoked more weed (duh) and walked and got breakfast at some place called Doyle's. It was AWESOME. Oh man. I just had to take a minute and think on it. So good.

Then I think we walked back to my car, I dropped Sides off and went home.

THE END of 2010.

It was a fucking amazing year.


In 2011 so far I have played an AWESOME show with LIVE DRUMS courtesy of Andy from one of my favorite bands of all time, GIRLFRIENDS. It was so fun, a lot of my friends came to see me, AND I got to hang out with Francis from Thee Goochi Boiz!

Also, I went to a show and ended up going home with someone. I have never done that before! But I had been wanting to try it.
It was pretty kewl.

Is it weird that I am posting something like that?
Is it weird that I am even questioning it?

I have a friend who is all about not censoring yourself. I love him and like that.
So I try not to censor myself. But it can be scary.

Like, with the above admission for example. I didn't use any names or anything. Unless you are my best friend or a roommate of the person in question then you probably have no idea wtf I'm talking about.

But it's weird cuz like, what if that person is reading this?
I never assume that they won't, because I mean...IT'S ALL RIGHT HERE!

But what if they don't feel like it was alllll exactly like that?
You know what I mean?
It can be hard.
And it's a blog and while nothing is made up, it is supposed to be entertaining and shit too.
Holy fuck I am rambling SO HARD right now.
I am really stoned.

Tender and Sweet.
Sweet and Dirty.
Sweetness + Tenderness by The Rentals

1 comment: