Hey all people everywhere:
Recently I, Colleen Green, went on a very long tour with a band from San Diego called PLATEAUS. It was a strange and eerie tour. Everyone was extremely nice to us, except for those people that called Chris and Kevin faggots, that other guy on the street that called the entire van a faggot, and that shitty dude in Dallas who made me cry. FUCK YOU GUYS!
This was a weird tour and the first I have ever taken with absolutely no other girls.
And now, for your viewing pleasure, I would like to post all of the cellie pix I took and talk about them a little bit while I watch "American Psycho". It is almost over though. Did you see the ad in the Times? THERE WAS NO AD IN THE TIMES.
 |
| Here we are in the desert. I have no idea where. See that shadow in the front? That's mine. |
 |
| Here is some OTHER picture of a spot in the desert with no people in it. |
 |
| This was taken from the roof deck of the Mohawk in Austin. This place had the best green room ever. Unfortunately, I left a Lester Bangs book and "The Hobbit" on VHS, never to be seen or heard from again. |
 |
| That's what time it is. |
 |
| We stayed with Katie from Cheap Curls in Austin and she made her living room into a summerwonderland. She is the best. |
 |
| Empty Zombieshop in Nashville, TN. We played with King Karl and Richie. This show RULED. |
 |
| Feel u. |
 |
| This is Bowie, the first doggie friend of the tour. He was an extremely nice and mellow dog as you can see, and lives in Decatur, GA with my friend Blarry. |
 |
| This is a really dark picture of this weird glass mosaic face thing at The Pinhook in Durham, NC. This show was also very fun. |
 |
| Here's Plateaus playing LIVE in-studio at the University of Maryland radio station. I played too! In order to get up here, we had to walk very far and up many many flights of stairs. Then after, we realized we could have parked directly outside the door to the station. |
 |
| We also played an in-studio at Drexel University. Here's a picture of my friend Doty sitting in a wheelchair (left) and some guy (right) playing video games. Boys LOVE to play video games, as is evidenced here. |
 |
| This is a picture of some really weird candy bar thing I got in Philadelphia. I ate almost all of it, but I dunno if I liked it. HOWEVER, I did try an Uncrustable on this tour fer the first time EVER, and I LOVED it. |
 |
| My friend Doty is currently living in this hoarded out loft in Philadelphia because some crazy guy he works for is trying to sell it but is too old to live in it. It is really cool and there's tons of shit everywhere, as you can see. We stayed here for 3 nights and during that time we watched "Pet Sematary", "Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo", and smoked my weight in hash. |
 |
| The view from the living room. I love Philadelphia. |
 |
| We left the Kung Fu Necktie to go get food somewhere, but I forget where we went or what we did. Kung Fu Necktie show was TERRRRRRIBLE. |
 |
| Brooklyn. |
 |
| I have no idea where this was. North Carolina maybe? I like stadiums. I guess. |
 |
| This was taken in some kind of student center at the University of Connecticut. I think. I like individual responsibility and think that it is an important thing to remember and appreciate. |
 |
| Here is a picture I took of a picture that Radek (pictured, left) took on his phone. Ben (pictured, right) didn't think it was a good picture, but I think it is a-ma-zing and love these two excellent people. (Taken at the Middle East, Cambridge MA.) |
 |
| Here's a picture I took of myself in the green room at the 9th Ward in Buffalo, NY. It was cold there! Someone had told me a few weeks before that this was Ani DiFranco's venue, and I was reminded of that when I arrived and saw that every single wall was completely covered with posters and pictures of her. |
 |
| Here's a picture I took from the back porch of Josh and Theresa's house. 'Twas a beautiful morning. |
 |
We stayed with my friends Josh and Theresa. They are both extremely scholarly and are studying for their doctorates currently. They live in a really cool house with Lagwagon posters on the walls. Did you know that this is my favorite Lagwagon album? Well, now you do.
|
 |
| Niagara Falls! First timer over here. This place was COOL. |
 |
| This is a picture of the amazing haul I got at Used Kids Records in Columbus, OH. The tapes all kinda suck but at least the INXS tape has "I Need You Tonight" on it. That song fucking rules. I was most excited about finding "Artie Lange's Beer League" for like $3. I also got "Uncle Buck" for my boyfriend for his birthday. |
 |
| This is a picture of the venue we played in Columbus. This show was pretty ok. No one was there. It cost $10 and was on a Wednesday night, plus I have never played in Columbus before. I ate free french fries and the opening band smoked a bunch of weed with me and Chris and gave us weed. Then the promoter was like, "Waaaahhhh do I really have to pay you guys all this money? That sucks!" And I felt really really bad. But why would you say that to me? To make me feel bad, I guess. The worst part is EYE don't even HAVE a guarantee. |
 |
| Here is a picture of an extremely tiny and thin bowl I purchased for $10 in Buffalo, NY. Times were tough! The boys had made me throw out my pipe(s) in the desert (where no one would find them) and Chris and I had to keep smoking joints every time we wanted to get high. Don't get me wrong, I like joints as much as the next CG...but I'm not made of weed! Also, I purchased that copy of "Pet Sematary" somewhere and read it by the time we got to CO. It's pretty dated and the way Stephen King writes certain stuff, you can tell he's a big loser IRL. But I liked it nonetheless and it yes it DID spook me. |
 |
| DD in Cincinnati, I think. |
 |
| Cincinnati! <3 br="br">3> |
 |
| I have NO IDEA where this is. Well, maybe Louisville, cuz I like Louisville, so I guess I do have an idea. I'm just not sure dammit. |
 |
| CPC! Surely they can't be the only members. Why I cleaned my plate just yesterday. Anyway, RIP Barbara and Holt, you're probs dead. |
 |
| Something pretty in Louisville. I think. R u know what? It might still be Cincinnati. Any brave souls with information, please step forward. |
 |
| They DO suck ass. |
 |
| We walked over a pretty river in Lafayette, IN! Smelled like shit though. |
 |
Some guy is fishing. I wanna fish. I bet the fish smell like shit. Fishy shit.
 |
We walked to a record store, it was big and had lots of records blahblahblah.
|
|
 |
| The Black Sparrow in Lafayette has an apartment above it where bands can stay for free. The guy who runs the place decided that since he let us stay here, he could take the money he promised to pay us and make it rain at the strip club for the rest of the night. He eventually came back, but not until 2:00 PM the next day. |
 |
| I have never done this before and to tell you the truth, I wanted to do it. Empty Bottle, Chicago. |
 |
| I sent this picture to my friend Kait. |
 |
| I sent this picture to my friend Kayla, because We <3 a="a" boston="boston" had="had" in="in" kevin="kevin" murphy="murphy" once="once" party="party" someone="someone" that="that" to.="to." we="we" went="went" who="who">3> |
 |
| This is a picture of Minneapolis taken from my friend Rizwan's back patio. Rizwan is mad cool and professional and I have known him for a very long time. He lived in New York for many years but now he lives in Minneapolis and that is awesome because now when I go there we can hang out and I don't have to feel bad for going to NYC and never hanging out with him. YAY! |
 |
| I sent this picture to Kayla as well. It is Riz's book. We have played this game, it is sorta fun. Kayla is really good at it. It involves shouting though, and I don't really like that. I just like that there is an official book. Seems completely unnecessary, no? |
 |
| This picture was taken on the street (Massachusetts St?) in Lawrence KS. There were many shops and eateries on this street and it seemed pretty cool. We played at the Replay Lounge with Rooftop Vigilantes and it was really fun. They are nice. Then we went back to the house we were to stay at and drunkards were singing Beatles and Oasis songs really loud and asked us for weed. WHO ASKS A TOURING BAND FOR WEED?!?!? |
 |
| I love to get in the holiday spirit! |
 |
| This picture was taken at Kilby Court in Salt Lake City, UT, which I love. See that door to the right of the green window? The only comfy couch was located in there, so I sat on it and watched bugs fly around a light. We played with Super 78, who was really good. We were very late to this show. There was no bathroom here. At the end of the night some kid brought a 26" pizza for everyone to eat, and we did. It was soOOoOo GOOD! Then we went to someone's house for a bit, and there was a little ratty dog there that looked like Fizzgig from the Dark Crystal. Then me and my friend Joey walked to his new house, which was pretty far away. It was a nice walk though. |
 |
| Shoshone Falls, ID. This drop is 45 feet higher than Niagara Falls and prettier in my opinion, and also has way less signs and t shirts everywhere. |
 |
| Here we are at some skatepark in Boise, ID. This place was pretty cool and I watched a baseball game. Not all of it. Like 10 mins at the most. I'm into that. |
 |
| Here's Plateaus soundchecking at Mississippi Studios in Portland, OR. This venue was really cool and Portland obviously rules. There was a secret green room which only I knew about apparently and I didn't tell anyone else. |
 |
| This was the last picture I took on tour in Southern OR. If I had to guess, I'd say it was written by an extremely old man. Better get used to it, oldie! |
thanks for sharing tour pics! i hope i can go to your concert here in japan someday :-) and happy birthday!! (i'm following you on twitter.) i hope you have a wonderful birthday :-)
ReplyDelete