Wednesday, April 7, 2010

OH BABY!




Right now I am sitting in my corner watching Sesame Street. This show is still so cute. Currently Mr. Noodle is doing something silly and outrageous!

I woke up at exactly 4:20 am to a txt from John Murphy. I love it when that happens! In honor of this I took bong rips and then I just stayed awake because I went to sleep at 6 pm yesterday. I sort of watched Point Break. I ate strawberries, pineapples, PB toast, and drank tea.

Now I am going to tell you all about the silly things that happened to me and Kayla on the road. In chronological order, hopefully! This is most, most definitely a TLNR. But there is much to tell.

March 12, 2010 - Oakland, CA.

This is some sort of strange trinket that appeared on the gate of the Full House House at some point. In the background you can see the area where many a crack'ead smoked crack and pissed. You can also see the refrigerator repair shop.


Wish I still lived here. I love this house!!

I already talked a bunch about the Oakland show so I don't have much more to say about that.

March 13, 2010 - Los Angeles, CA.
Was supposed to play another show in Oakland at Apgar, but the only ride we had back to L.A. was with the Jizzie Wizzie and they were leaving this morning, so we unfortunately had to skip the show. On the highway on our way to L.A. we saw an entire lumberyard on FIRE! Hugest cloud of black smoke/flames I've ever seen. They dropped us off at my apartment where Kayla and I took bong rips. We planned to go to the grocery store but I fell asleep at 9:00 PM and Kayla followed suit pretty quickly.

March 14, 2010 - Los Angeles, CA.
Kayla and I woke up and went to the beach. We got iced coffee (mine was free cuz I didn't have any money! I love it when that happens!) and smoked weed while sitting by the water. Then I think maybe we met up with The Big Big Bucks at my house? The Bucks had a show that night at this place called The Joint, but after a quick peek at the website we all decided their show was going to suck hard, so instead we all went to see Wampire, White Fang, and Jizz Wisard at Dig In in Highland Park. It was awesome! The bands sounded great, it was free, and some dude there kept passing us blunts. Me and Kayla also got SUPER stoned after with the White Fang dudes. They like me. I like them. Then we (me, Kayla, The Bucks, and Jizzie Wizzie) all went back to my house, locked ourselves in my room, smoked weed, watched "Baseketball", and passed out.

March 15, 2010 - San Diego, CA.
Woke up and realized Jizz Wisard was gone. Figured they probably went somewhere in the L.A. area for breakfast or perhaps were asleep in their van for some reason and hoped they didn't leave for San Diego without us. I brought The Bucks to Manoly's for breakfast and we all feasted. After several hours we learned that the Wisard had indeed FORGOTTEN THE FUCK OUT OF US EVEN THOUGH THEY ALL SLEPT ON MY BEDROOM FLOOR LIKE 3 FEET FROM MY OWN HEAD! Here's a picture of Kayla posting on craigslist looking for rides to san Diego that night:



We ended up getting a ride from a craigslist creep named Eddie. He said, "Let's ride." So we did. Eddie was an older man and writes a blog about how he's just a guy in the world. As soon as we got in the car he said, "all right, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!" and then at the end when he dropped us off he said, "you guys are soooo lucky!"
Also the first thing I noticed when I put my stuff in the trunk of his car was a box of black force-flex garbage bags and two tennis rackets. YEESH!
But, he did give us a ride all the way to San Diego, didn't murder or rape us, and got us to the show on time. It was at the Soda Bar and it sucked, but at least there was free Street Fighter. We slept at Andy from J.W's ex-girlfriend's house, it was extremely cold and we heard Andy having sex. The bed was like, "ree-ruh..............ree-ruh...............ree-ruh".

March 16, 2010 - Tucson, AZ.
Convinced Jizz Wisard that they could definitely play the show we had in Tucson and hitched a ride with them there. We played at the Dry River Collective.



It was pretty cool. In the back corner you can see the free store where I got TWO awesome shirts, Kayla got a really cute dress, and Ian and Tuck both got new shoes.



The boy who set up the show was really awesome and nice. He reminded me of a less insane version of Walker. His name's Logan and here he is playing stand up bass with his band Great Job!
The show was really fun. Jizz Wisard got the crowd moving which ruled cuz they were skeptical about coming to Tucson. They drove back to San Diego that night, can you believe it??? After the show we got Mexican food with Logan and his friends and then we all went back to Logan's to go to sleep while the locals baked cookies and brownies.

And yes, there was a snuggie involved. Is he wearing it the right way? I feel like this should be the right way but everyone told me I was wrong. Cuz otherwise, it's just like wearing a sweater! I have to say what's on my mind!



We all slept in a row on the floor. I took a valium and don't even actually remember falling asleep. I don't know what that is in the foreground.
I woke up and ate delicious chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Then I went outside in the sunshine and talked to Justin on the phone for a hot minute. It was cool.

March 17, 2010 - Las Cruces, NM.
Or as I like to call it LAS CROOOOOOOOOSHALS! Cuz it RULES there.
Kayla and I got a ride from a cute young couple who we found on craigslist. They were cool and nice and listened to good music the whole way and the girl gave me cheese and she gave me and Kayla half of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on homemade banana walnut bread with homemade strawberry jam!!) and we basically slept the whole ride. They dropped us off at a coffee shop in Las Cruces where we hung out and drank coffee and eventually met up with The Bucks! Then Walker came to pick us up and we all went to his friend Flip's house. Flip was home blowing pipes, and we took his dog Steve. OK, well, Steve actually belongs to his dreadlocked friend, but that's neither here nor there.



Here's Steve riding shotgun in Walker's car. This dog is the fucking best!
Then we went back to Walker's house and his brother gave us weed. Walker's house is really nice. We hung around a bunch and then we went to the show at Lightning Bear, which is a head shop/record store in Las Cruces owned by Flip. Here is a shot of Walker's band, Walker Hansen and the Little Ikemans, playing:



The Little Ikemans play awesome instrumental surf rock and Walker dances around, wears sunglasses, and plays the tambourine. This show was really fun. At the end, Kayla noticed Ian trading Flip a Bucks LP for an awesome pipe, and she gave me a heads up. She is such a good manager! So I traded Flip a cassette and a CD for a really cool green pipe to replace my old one which I broke recently trying to scrape every last bit of resin from it.
After the show, we went to a boy named Paddy Puke's house. I told him we'd get silly stoned and I'm not sure he believed me at first, but by the time we were leaving he definitely did! He gave me delicious banana bread with chocolate chips in it. We stayed up really late and eventually slept at Walker's.

March 18, 2010 - Austin, TX.
Walker decided to come with us/give us a ride to Austin because he is the best person ever. I hope he had fun! He drove all day long and we got to Austin fairly late. We met up with The Bucks at a Wendy's where I got an entire kids' meal for just $1.08 because the man didn't understand what I ordered! Nice. The Bucks got a hotel room and let us sleep on the floor. We smoked tons of resin, watched TV, and passed out.

March 19, 2010 - Austin, TX.
Went to the House of Commons at around 11:00 am.


The house was huge and amazing with the best front porch EVER. We hung out here all day and all night. I opened the show and made friends with a band from MS called Dead Gaze. They rocked. All the bands I saw were pretty amazing actually. I met and talked to sooo many nice people and finally got to meet Lew and JJ from Wild America. Lew made rice and beans in the huge kitchen and it was delicious. There were also 2 free kegs, but since I decided to stop drinking I did not take advantage of this and just did morphine instead. Street Eaters fucking KILLLLLED it that night, and Megan gave me and Kayla 2 shirts for the price of one! We smoked weed all day and did drugs. After the show, Kayla, Lisa, Lew and I walked to the 21st St. co-op to try and see Andrew W.K. It was a fucking clusterfuck to be witnessed and I never even use that word. Most of our time there was spent together in a corner talking, doing key bumps, and smoking weed. I saw one of the dudes from Wampire and he was lost! So I let him use my phone to call his friends. Apparently he was there with White Fang dudes, but I didn't see them. There were sooooo many underage white hatted drunken buffoons there. We stayed up really, really late. Walker had passed out at like 10 PM on a couch at the HOC, so we took his car to Lew's where Lisa passed out in Walker's car, and Kayla, Lew and I slept in the weird bed in his Winnebago. Like, the one where the roof is right above you. It was pretty cool. Overnight it started raining really hard and there was a thunder/lightning storm.





The Bucks playing in the kitchen.



Kayla and Walker on the front porch.

March 20, 2010 - Austin, TX.
I woke up and puked. Then Kayla and I went to pick up Walker who was wandering around Austin by himself. I puked on myself while driving Walker's car and had to use my new Street Eaters shirt to clean it up. It was kinda gross but mostly watery see thru shit so it wasn't all bad. (p.s. Walker, if you're reading this....I'M SORRY! Only a TINY bit got on your car and I cleaned it up real nice for ya.)
We dropped Lisa off at the ROFL house. Then I puked on the side of the road. I puked 4 times overall on this trip, which was weird since I was the only one not drinking. I attribute it mostly to me eating tons of pills every day and not enough real food.
Then me and Kayla smoked weed and I felt 100% better. We picked up Walker and got Thai food. Then we went back to the ROFL house where Wild America was just finishing their set. This was a fun party with free delicious Vietnamese sandwiches! Grass Widow was the only band I really watched and they were good as usual. They piss Kayla off though and I think that's funny. We stayed at the ROFL house all day long and hung out with Lew and Owen. Then we went to the Trailer Space and a bunch of metal bands were playing. Walker left because it was really boring. Then Lew took us to his friend Katie's house where we smoked tons of weed, The Bucks came over, Joey gave himself a haircut in their bathroom for some reason, we watched porn from the 40's, and Kayla and I passed out on their couches. At one point during the night I woke up and there was a whole new crew of peeps hanging out which I thought was kind of funny and awesome. They seemed WASTED! which I always appreciate. I just closed my eyes again and listened to one of them talking about beards as I drifted back off to sleep.

March 21, 2010 - Houston, TX.
Walker picked us up in the morning and we went to the Spider House for breakfast.



It was pretty cool. I got an egg sandwich and it came with grapes which I really liked! Then Walker brought us to Georgia and Samantha's house, where The Bucks had stayed the night before. Samantha was home and she let me take a shower. I did my hair too which was awesome. We smoked weed. It was really windy but pretty nice out. We posted on craigslist to try and get a ride from Houston to Chattanooga, TN.
Then these two dudes who know The Bucks and post on lemmingtrail came to pick us up. They had been in Austin and wanted to go to the show in Houston because they really like The Bucks. So they rented a car and let us come with them. We had to say goodbye to Walker and it was really sad :-(
Kayla and I slept the entire way to Houston.
We played at Super Happy Fun Land.

I drank coffee. There were about ten bands on the show, maybe more, all from out of town, and no one else was in attendance. The place was pretty cool though, and since the two Mikes from lemmingtrail decided to go back to Austin pretty much as I was finishing my last song, Kayla and I had no choice but to stay there. I wasn't happy about it at first because I thought we were gonna have to sleep on the stage. But the two people who run the place (who also apparently live there along with the sound guy) gave me blankets and showed me a private room with two couches where me and Kayla slept. The couch was actually really, really comfortable.

March 22, 2010 - Houston/Austin, TX.
We woke up around 9 am. The Bucks had left at like 7 because they were trying to get to Murfreesboro, TN. They seemed really uneasy about leaving Kayla and I by ourselves in Houston but they had no choice! Kayla and I went outside and smoked weed. Then our new friend Byron woke up, came outside, and smoked us up. He was traveling with the band Quilt who is from Boston, but he lives in Austin. Then his friend Ben came outside and smoked us up. Then the dude from Many Mansions, another Boston band, came outside and smoked us up. It is such a good idea to carry a pipe on you at all times because sometimes other people want to smoke but they don't have a pipe so they ask you to smoke with them, just like in these instances. These kids were all super nice and were headed back East but unfortunately had no room for us in their car.
Around noon I noticed the door man walking around shirtless and asked him if there was a Greyhound bus station within walking distance, and naturally he offered to give us a ride there. We hadn't heard from anyone on craigslist and at this point were still trying to get to Chattanooga TN by the 24th. We were thinking we could take a bus to New Orleans, which seemed to be the closest cool city, plus Dominic lives there. But that was like $150!!! And the lady there was really rude. So we wandered around Houston, tried to find a library, only got as far as a YMCA. We were like, Hey, a YMCA, maybe they will have a computer we can use or be helpful in SOME way! But it turns out, the Houston YMCA is the worst goddamn YMCA in the whole world! Everyone there was really dumb and didn't know anything. We kept asking people if they knew anything about buses out of Houston, or even if they knew where the nearest highway was and how we could get to it. And they were like, "DUHHHH.....highway? You should just go to church instead." I am not making that up.
So we gave up on these dolts and went outside and pouted and sat on a wall and Kayla fell asleep. During her nap a man who came to be known as "sad homeless veteran man" walked up and started a conversation with me. It was innocent enough at first but then he started going OFF on how much Houston fucking blows and how much he hates all of the fucking wackjobs that he lives with at the Y. At one point he even tried to give us MONEY to getthefuckout because Houston is so fucking horrible and he said it would beat us down if we stayed ANY longer. We, for obvious reasons, did not accept. Eventually we decided to go back to Austin because

a) at least we knew people there
b) we figured maybe there'd still be some bands leftover who were headed back east.

So we went back to Greyhound and bought two tickets back to Austin. The bus was chock full of men who were fresh out the joint. The man I sat next to seemed very nice and was headed back to his family in Austin. He had been in the clink for 3 years, but he told me it was supposed to be 5. When I congratulated him on getting out early, he looked at me weird and was like, "Early? No...late." I didn't get it. I didn't have the balls to ask him what he done. I wish I had. The guy sitting across the aisle from me had SUPER crazy eyes, a dumb Hawaiian shirt, and no front teeth. I ate something delicious during the bus ride and could totally feel him staring at me as I licked my fingers. Gross, but it had to be done.
We got back to Austin and walked to a liquor store that we could see. I wasn't trying to drink on this whole trip at all, but we really had nothing to do and it had been a long day. Then we walked to a Wendy's across the street, ate salad, did morphine, drank drinks and waited for John Murphy to call me because he had said we could sleep on his hotel room floor. Finally he did and we took a cab to the Courtyard Marriott where he and his friends were staying. We beat them there and immediately went to the pool and dipped our feet in. There were two young yuppie men swimming and we chatted with them. They were in town on business. They thought we were hella cool and told us to FOLLOW OUR DREAMS!
Then J.M. and his crew showed up and we spent the rest of the night in their fancy hotel room smoking weed. We may have also watched a silly Nicholas Cage movie. The best part of it all was that Kayla and I got to sleep in the MOST comfortable, SOFTEST bed EVER with an insanely cute boy between us! Yes!

March 23, 2010 - Austin, TX.
Seriously, we planned to be in Austin for like 2 days. It did not work! We woke up and all the dudes were flying home so they gave us the rest of their weed. Kayla and I did our laundry in the hotel laundry room. We had big plans to sit in the hot tub and swim all day in our underwear, but the pool was locked and we didn't have a key :-(
Then we wondered how we could get to downtown Austin. We basically just wanted to get food and sit outside. We sat outside the hotel and wondered if there was a bus. Kayla went back in to ask the front desk person and came out a few minutes later followed by a nice man. She said, "This nice man is going to give us a ride in a fancy car for only ten dollars!" and he did, he really did.















See?

He dropped us off on 6th Street and we tried to find a place with an outdoor patio to eat at. We couldn't a suitable one so we just went to La Sol Y La Luna, I think. It was really good and we stayed there for a while. At this point we were basically waiting for Lew to get out of work at 9 o'clock so we could hang out with him. He told us if we were bored we should go to the "town lake" which, come to find out, is just a river of some sort. We walked for a long time and it was really hot out. Eventually we stumbled upon a babbling brook.

It was really pretty and nice! We smoked weed and layed in the sun. It ruled. Thennn we did some more walking, walked back to 6th Street and went to a bar. I think this was the point in the day where we met up with Steve. (Steve was a craigslist creep who answered our cry for a ride ANYWHERE East outta Austin. Ultimately we decided not to take the ride with him. He was way too into electronic music and kept trying to convince us to come to Miami! MIAMI! Noooo! Steve! Don't take me there please!)



Then we went to another bar that advertised Appetizers - Half Off! So we drank $2.00 drinks (Vodka and Sprite. Woops! I forgot I drank on this night too. But I only drank this one drink. It was really delicious!) and ate frenchie fries and chicken tenders. Well, EYE ate chicken, but Kayla did not, because she is a Vegan.

Then we walked to some church or hotel or something and sat on some kinda secluded stoop and smoked a bowl and waited for Lew to come pick us up. He did! As planned! And brought us to Dugg's house. We watched new episodes of the Simpsons and didn't laugh that much and smoked weed. We also watched some movie, but I can't remember what. Kayla remembers though.

Then we went back to Lew's and slept in the Winnebago.

Lew was really really nice and totally looked out for us when we were in Austin with no one to turn to. He let us hang out with him every night, drove us around, and he even bought drugs off of me at one point. We felt like orphans or something cuz we kept getting carted to different peoples' houses and being like, "HEY WE'RE GONNA BE HERE NOW FOR A BIT CUZ WE HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO." p.s. If you're an orphan, and you're reading this, I'm sorry, I'm sure your life is/is gonna be really hard and I don't mean to make light of any kinda situation you may be in. But that is how we felt! It was awesome. Speaking of which...

March 24, 2010 - AUSTIN, TX.
I am laughing as I am writing all this junk about Austin because it just keeps going on and on.
This was the morning Lew made us breakfast tacos I think. They were really good!
Then he had to go to work, so he dropped us off at JJ's where we got to play with THREE ADORABLE PUPPIES!!!! I only took a picture of the lil'est guy, but I wish I had taken pics of all three! They were so cute.

In fact, most of our time spent at JJ's house was spent talking to and playing with the dogs and not talking to any of the humans. Then we walked with JJ to The Trailer Space where he was working all day. I ate pizza. I fell asleep on the loveseat thing and Kayla fell asleep in the chair. Spot condoned it. Basically we sat in chairs all day. It was crappy out and we were very tired. We were supposed to leave with Steve that night but then we were like, wait, what the fuck are we doing? driving 15+ hours with a damn techno head, paying him like $150 in gas money, and trying to get to Baltimore by 3/25. Freaks! So we gave up all hope and bailed on Steve and bought cheap plane tickets to Baltimore on The Trailer Space computer. It was very relieving. There was a weird like...bluegrass show or something there that night and Lew came. There were families there. It ended and we went back to Lew's to sleep in the Winnie.

March 25, 2010 - Baltimore, MD.
We awoke and Lew drove us to the airport. Now, here's a little backstory, I'm not sure exactly what day this happened on, but at one point me, Kayla and Lew were sitting in his kitchen, and one of is roommates came in and started chatting with us. We told him we were going to be hitch hiking so he made me buy a knife off of him for a penny, which he loaned to me prior, (because you can't give away a knife to your friend because it cuts friendships or something like that.) and it was a pretty sweet knife. We put it, along with all of our pipes, in my guitar bag which we planned to check. But! Delta makes you pay $25 for each bag you check! What a rip off! So we did not check anything, and then the police came because we were trying to take a huge knife on a plane. They "arrested" Kayla and put her inside a clear box. It was kind of funny. I was upset by it though. Since we are both completely innocent and told the honest to Lord's truth, they let her/us go like 5 minutes before our flight was supposed to leave. BUT! They totally could have taken her right off to jail little lady!! Just remember, next time, not all cops are bad cops! I helped you out today! I can tell who needs to go to jail and who doesn't need to go to jail, and I don't think you girls need to go to jail right now! I have a 23 year old daughter and I can relate! But we're sendin' yer pipes out to the labs fer TESTIN'!

That's right, they took my BRAND NEW pipe that I bartered for, along with the one hitter Kayla gave me, AND the one hitter I was supposed to transport (by vehicle, supposedly) back to MA for John Murphy.

They did not find Kayla's pipe.

Soooo we flew to Baltimore, got a hotel room by the airport (sort of), took showers (it had been quite a while for both of us), ate food, and then Sideburns and Ian picked us up and brought us to the show! They are both AWESOME and we love them.

We played at the Hexagon and it was pretty aiight. There was sort of cool art and this dude Tom took us up on the roof. It was raining and we had to go up a lot of ladders and it was all wet and scary!

This is a view of either North St. or Charles St. in Baltimore. I can't remember which.
We expected to smoke weed on the roof but that did not happen so we went back inside.
This show and San Diego were the only two shows I did not sell anything at!

After the show Kayla and I took a cab back to the hotel to get "a good night's sleep". The cabbie was a total jackass! I hate that! Also, the hotel had a hot tub and a sauna which we were psyched about, but they were both broken!!! :-(

The good thing was, me and Kayla both got to sleep in our own bed, and there were no boys around AT ALL so we got to sleep in our undies! I was pretty excited about getting to do that from the moment I booked the room! We really wanted to wake up in the morning and enjoy the free breakfast, but unfortunately we woke up at 10:30, breakfast had ended at 10, and we had to check out by 11. Sigh.

March 26, 2010 - Philadelphia, PA.
We spent a bunch of time sitting in the hotel lobby staring at the news and drinking free tea and coffee. Eventually I realized there was a computer room right in front of us, and we used it to look up bus fares from Baltimore to Philadelphia. We got a map to the bus station and convinced Sideburns and Ian to come pick us up and drive us there. They showed up with Dunkin Donuts and I was jealous, but they did give us some tater tots! This was a wacky little journey. They dropped us off at this truck stop and after MUCH turmoil we finally found the side of the road where the bus to Philly was to pick us up. We waited for a very, very, very long time. It was very, very, very cold and windy. People kept lying to us about when the bus was coming and where it would be. Since we were basically standing right next to I-95 we decided to make a sign out of my merch box that said "PHILLY?" and sit next the the highway. No one wanted to ride with us. Finally we saw the bus coming and ran over to try and get a spot. ME and Kayla got the last two spots and this girl with a ticket who had been waiting longer than us got WICKED PISSED OFF!!! I think she deserved not to go for some reason though.

Here's Kayla standing on a stump waiting for the bus that never came. I tried to make it right side up but it just like, didn't work.

We got to Philly and Doty met us at the bus station in Chinatown. We went to Maoz and George gave us free falafel! Yum! Then we walked to Pi Lam. Meanwhile, we had come to find out that The Bucks' car had broken down in Baltimore like minutes after they dropped us off at the truck stop and they weren't sure if they were gonna make ANY of the last shows of the tour! Tuck hadn't even booked me on this show, but I showed up and was like, "My friends might not come can I play?" And they were like, "Mos def yaooooo!" Haha, and it ruled. And The Bucks fucking rented a car and drove to Philly and totally made it on time. This show ruled!!! I had a ton of fun. Here's a picture of Sideburns rocking out on Happy Birfday Jeff:


After the show we went to Dave from the Fun Dogs's house in West Phillay. As planned, me, Doty, Michelle, Kayla, and George ended up staying up ALL NIGHT LONG. Kellzo came and it ruled! We talked about Soi Boi and Ben. We smoked weed, they drank, I did drugs, we all talked a ton, everyone was really happy and got super wasted.

One of my favorite things about not drinking is that I can ALWAYS drive! How fun!



This one is, i THINK, of Doty and Tom. Doty was SO fucked up that I was completely unable to clearly capture his likeness. But the guy on the left, definitely him guy.










Totally given up on the rotating thing. Sorry. This one is of a GREEN LIGHT at Dave's house with Joey in it. I'm glad it actually came out green. Dave's house is fucking HUGE and AWESOME.










Here's Kayla pretend licking a poster of an extremely tan naked lady!!! Sideburns told us that the first thing he looked for was her pubes. She had some. I seen em.











Here's Michelle and Doty. Still at Dave's house. The Bucks passed the fuck out. See how fucked Doty is? Packing a bowl as the sun comes up. Michelle was such a trooper. She kept being like, "I just wanna go hoooome!" and Doty would be like, "NAH NAHHH, WE'RE STAYIN' UP! JUST ONE MORE BEER!!" and then he'd make himself a vodka and grapefruit juice or something and start sipping it with a straw.

Then I drove us back to Doty's! We smoked weed and I went to sleep at around 8:00 AM I THINK. I woke up a couple of hours later to Doty, George and Kayla taking gravity bong rips from a portable gravity bong, so I had to partake. Then I went back to sleep.

Doty's house fucking rules.













Here's Doty with an awesome sweater.


I think someone just got hit by a car. I heard a noise, lots of screaming, and now I hear police sirens. Whoa! Anyway...

March 27, 2010 - Brooklyn, NY.
We had met a ska punk man whose band covered Operation Ivy the night before at Pi Lam and he had offered to give us a ride to Manhattan the next day! He called around 7:00 PM and said he was at the closest corner to where we were. So we ran out and hopped in his green van and even though he no longer had a reason to go to Manhattan, he still gave us a ride because he said he would! He also decided to come to the party so we got a ride all the way there!
This party fucking RULED!!! Joe B was there as well as a bunch of other friends from Boston! The party was at a really cool loft and there were lots of people there. Joe B spun rad tunes, we smoked weed and hung out all night.



ALSO, Kayla found a free bag of coke in the hallway! It ruled! So we went back to Jay and Tony's apartment in Brooklyn and mixed it with Jay's and did it all. Then me, Kayla and Jay passed out in his bed.







Here's Billy smoking in front of a wall.














March 28, 2010 - Boston, MA.
Here's Kayla and Jay in the morning. Tony woke up and we all went to Jerry Bagel! Tony sang a song about it being time for Jerry Bagel, and it creeped me out. I told him so, but he didn't seem to mind. We got coffee and bagels and took the subway to the street corner where the Fung Wah picks you up.

We got the last two spots on the 2:00 PM bus! How lucky! Second time in a row that happened to us too. We must definitely be really really nice.
The Fung Wah woman was a cunt and yelled at us for being slow but the bus was like ten minutes late! Fuck her.

Anyway we got to South Station around 7:00 I guess, and Kayla's brother Joey picked us up. It was really cold! We went back to Joey's new place in Brighton with Andre and Anna. I wanted to go to Harvard Square to meet Mike Hunchback, whose band was playing at The Democracy Center, so Anna gave me a ride. We met. It was kind of dumb.
He has a girlfriend now.
The show was ending right as I got there so we chatted briefly and then his band gave me a ride to Allston because they were going to Spike's and I was playing at O'Brien's. I walked there alone and felt kind of dumb. Then I got to O'brien's and life fucking ruled! My mom and aunt came to the show and Kayla was worried that they would be offended by my dirty lyrics. Hopefully not! The show sold out at 9:30. I played first and it was really fun. I traded a copy of 4 Loko 2 Kayla for painkillers. The bands were ON time and I got to smoke weed and make out with an insanely cute boy! Yes!
Then we all went back to Joey's, smoked tons of weed and did drugs all night.

This picture sucks cuz I took it with my phone and my phone sucks and so does its camera, but this is Now Denial playing. They RULE.











Here's Shakir looking totally surprised about something.












Chabot and Nora and my hand in the foreground! Woops!












These next two pictures are basically the same but they're both just so good I had to put them both up. Everyone looks amazing.
I love Capn Dan in this photo, on the far left.













I love Lil' Joe in this photo, laughing really hard in the back.












Joey playing with Fresh.













March 29, 2010 - Cambridge, MA.
I took this awesome picture of Joey in an awesome Lagwagon shirt and Kayla's awesome glasses. Joey said he's decided he's only going to wear awesome, huge sunglasses from now on.

We smoked weed and went to The Draft for 25 cent wings with Andre, Tim, and Anna.

I played at Zuzu and it was really fun! A lot of friends came to see me and I was happy about that. Mark Peterson and Ben came and it ruled!! We smoked weed in Ben's car (that's right. Ben smoked weed with us ALL NIGHT.) and listened to 4 Loko 2 Kayla.



Here's an awesome picture of Mark, Ben, and Kayla outside the Middle East.

Then we went back to Joey's, Mark and Ben came over, and we all smoked weed until pretty late. Me and Kayla passed out on Joey's couches.





Fresh girl. So cute. I have no idea what's going on on that TV. Hopefully the OC.

Joey and Kayla were going home to Dracut for dinner with their parents the next day so they gave me a ride and we got hella stoned on the way there. My mom picked me up in Dracut and brought me back to Dunstable where I promptly feasted on meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

My time at home was really fun. Definitely more fun than the last time I was home, for obvious reasons. Jenna and I visited Joanna, who is about to give birth any day (jojo? u reading this? probably not til later huh? did it come out yet?) Kait, Jenna, Kayla and I hung out at The Worthen and went to Club Diner! I saw Matt Flynn a bunch, went to see Ketman and Viva Viva at The Middle East, hung out with Sideburns on his b-day, hung out with Johnny very briefly on his b-day (but then I left and ended up getting down with a really cute boy!!!)
I also played a really fun party at Aaron the D's house in Lower Allston. It was a Friday night, all my friends came, we smoked tons of weed out of weird pipes all night long and passed them to EVERYONE there, Shakir freestyled over my drum machine beatz and I also rapped 4 Loko 2 Kayla. It was awesome. I gave Christina, Sideburns, and Lil' Joe rides home to JP and slept on Christina's amazingly comfy couch.

So that was basically it. It was quite a wondrous journey! Now I am tired as fuck. Im'a smoke a bowl and go eat Thai food.

Bye bye!

2 comments:

  1. You are wrong about nobody else being in attendance at the Houston show since I was there, but I think I was the only one who wasn't in a band. That reminds me of the time several years ago when I went to another Super Happy Fun Land SXSW overflow show to see Two Ton Boa and was the only one there. Houston is the worst and Super Happy Fun Land deserves a cooler city to be located in. I hope to move to Austin soon. You should really sell your CD's for more then a buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what my dad says! but he's money hungry, and I don't care.

    -Colleen

    ReplyDelete