Click 2 download this most excellent silly ska punk album that I used to listen to in middle school (I still listen to it actually. "Phantasma Del Mar" is one of my favorite songs of all time.) Me and Jenna went to see The Aquabats one time in Boston and it was really fun. But, it was not too long ago so they didn't play with any REAL bands like Let's Go Bowling or anything like that. The Phenomenauts and The Epoxies played, but they suuuuuuuckkked. I remembered a couple of days ago that I totally used to live like 3 houses down from The Phenomenauts in Oakland. Jose tried to tell me they're good. He's so sweet.
So anyway, ANABEL AND LEA WERE HERE!
It was awesome. We went to this very strange party on Friday. It was at this shop in Venice that was also clearly a house being lived in, and it was supposed to have something to do with yoga, supposedly the clothes in fact, but all the clothes looked like they were taken off the set of Coyote Ugly, but mixed with like...a circus freak show. There was a yard with a DJ, a bar, and a bunch of crazy shit being projected onto a wall. This band played and they were hippiez!!! Actually I don't know if they were hippiez. They were like weird new age people or something like that. I say this solely based on
a) how they were dressed
b) the music they played
Have you ever seen the movie Serendipity? I picture Kate Beckinsale's ultra lame husband really losing his mind at this party. It was rad though, I had fun. I think after that we just went to Taco Bell.





THEN yesterday, Saturday I believe, we went to see Grass Widow at the Five Star Bar, which was only maybe a 3 star bar in my opinion. But it was cool. We got there pretty early and sat on a leather couch for a long while and watched two bands who were both boring as shit. Then we went outside to smoke a bowl before seeing Grass Widow. We went to this alley way to do it, and as I was packing the bowl a slight but grizzled man emerged from the shadows, wearing an extremely raggedy "Security Officer" hat, and rambled to us for like ten minutes about how HE doesn't care, but the LAPD might. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. So we walked and talked and went elsewhere. Then we went back, some other band was playing, blah blah they seemed ok actually especially compared to the first two bands, we hung out outside, it was kinda cold. Then Grass Widow played and they were awesome! Their song "Celebrate the Mundane" is really cool. I woulda bought their record but I didn't bring any money.
I'm hella hungry now. It is breakfast time. I wish I had these again:

"Coyote Ugly, but mixed with like...a circus freak show"
ReplyDeletethis sounds TERRIFYING