Today is my friend Joanna's birthday. It is also my friend Nate's birthday. It is also my friend MattyMc's birthday. These three people are people I have known since I was a very wee Colleen.
Joanna is from Tyngsboro, MA. For years and years we lived less than a 5 minute drive away from each other, but with me living in Dunstable, we didn't meet until we were both juniors in high school. We used to go see The Inskagators all the time. Then we started a band together and it was pretty much the funnest thing that's ever happened to me. Joanna became one of my best friends of all time and we ended up going to college together and even lived together in a small room with Jenna for one year. Now Joanna is married and with child. I haven't talked to her in a while but I'd like to give her a call today. She is the sweetest girl I have ever met.
When I was in middle school, Nate moved into an apartment owned by my grandmother in Dunstable, just a few houses down the street from me. He was friends with my best friends, but I was scared of him cuz he was kind of a dick. We didn't really start hanging out until highschool, when he went to Westford Academy INSTEAD of Groton-Dunstable Regional Secondary School because he wanted to get fancy. Then we didn't really hang out that much for a while, probably cuz he had a lame girlfriend. Then we started The Have Mercys, moved to California together, and basically spent almost every waking moment together from that point on. Nate is a fucking thorn in my side, man. God Bless Him. He is the best. Also, he fucked the keyboardist from Maroon 5's girlfriend, who is a bitch, and a hot bitch at that. Did you know?
And lastly, MATT MCGUIRE. What a guy! I met him when I was a junior in high school as well. He was part of the amazing group of friends I would hang out with and get fucked up with constantly in high school/college, which Joanna was a part of as well. Without these people I would not be who I am today. Matty used to be all clean cut and I totally had a crush on him. When I first met him I had a romantic dream about him, and Rich told him about it right in front of me at a party. How embarassing! I think he liked it though. This was the same party that me, Jenna, and Joanna ate cereal at, then Joanna and I threw a bunch of chairs in the pool. But anyway, Matty has ALWAYS been my friend since I met him, and I love that. Now he lives in Santa Rosa CA so I STILL get to see him. His smile melts my heart.
So, I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate these three fine, fine individuals just a lil' bit. Only one of them will actually read this probably, but now at least the internet has been notified of my love.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i love all three of these people as well. what a great birthday. you know who else shares it? SUGAR DANNY.
ReplyDeletesorry to be a thorn, but I can't help it, I'm stuck on you!
ReplyDeleteoh god.
ReplyDeletecolleenie! i was just catching up on your blog and was pleasantly surprised to read about meeeeeee. i miss you lots and lots, and have been thinking about calling you almost every day....but havent because im forgetful and still have a slight fear of the telephone. i must amend this soon.
ReplyDeletelove,joanna
i love you jojo. i have the same problem concerning my very old grandma.
ReplyDelete