Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January.

It's been a long ass time since I updated last. I apologize for that. Wait but why am I apologizing to you? I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING.

So on December 31st I woke up at about 9 AM and decided after all that, yes, i DID in fact want to go to Oakland to spend NYE with all my bestie testies instead of flopping around on this dirty couch by myself and going to bed at like 10 PM.
So I jumped up and made Ryan drive me to a hostel in Santa Monica where I caught a bus to San Francisco.
These kids on the bus were talking about how they had to run to get the bus and had to leave all their stuff with a friend including "all their drugs". This made me want to talk to them sorta, but then I realized they were probably norm pieces of shit. I had a seat to myself. This was a silly bus complete with a silly driver who tried to tell us we were all on our way to Vegas, baby, Vegas. They also for some reason played the movie "The Blind Side". It was touching.

About 8 hours later I took the BART over to Oakland and from there I walked to Nate's house. I met a very nice man on the street. He liked my pillow. He disliked unnecessary gun violence on New Year's Eve.

The night was pretty great. There was a party at Apgar, some bands played, I didn't care, Dan and Kayla came, Jose came, we smoked weed all night, we ate mushies, and I think my friend tried to have a threesome with me and this other dude at one point. Then we walked to Ghost Town because we thought the Dashing Suns were gonna be there. We tried to get in for free but it didn't work, shit was fucking legitimate, which I think is really, really dumb. So then we walked to Connor's house and saw so many friends! The Dashing Suns were all there, Lo, Jeff and Leslie, and my main man P which fucking blew my mind. I started to freak out a little, and Kayla had to sit with me on a staircase, but when I saw Lo's smiling face all was well and stayed that way. Then me, Kayla and Dan walked around Oakland looking for food but since it was about 5 AM nothing was open. We walked back to the Full House House and Dan "I'm gonna stay up until the Donut Shop opens, I don't even give a fuck" passed out immediately after walking through the door. But I stayed up. I was hungry. They should have opened at 6 AM, and I waited, and I went, but they were closed! No! I could even see the donut man inside making donuts! Donut Man! I said. I know you're in there! I can see you! Please let me in! But he did not. I went back at 6:15, 6:20, 6:30, still not open. WTF mate? I finally gave up and passed out in Anabel's bed.

I had been keeping a very detailed log of absolutely everything I did while in Oakland, and planned to post it all here when I got back, but I wrote it in a magazine and someone threw it away. So I'm just gonna have to wing it for the rest of the month's activities.

New Year's Day was special! I woke up and got my croissant breakfast sandwich. Yum. Then me, Dan, Kayla, Nate, Steve O, and Nate's friend Ariana went to Jeff and Leslie's for a potluck. Jeff and Leslie are from Alabama and in their culture they believe that eating black eyed peas and various typed of cooked greens will bring you money and good luck and shit for the rest of the year. I had never tried any of this crap before but it was SO GOOD! They even had cornbread that looked like little corns on the cobs. Leslie told me this was called "cornpone" but I'm still not sure exactly what that was all about. Dan made a pasta salad and it was a big hit. There was even a large human pyramid at one point. And fucking delicious apple pie. AND!!! I met the girl who used to own my green sweater! Her name is Talulah and she is nice and a babe. I was glad to see that the sweater went from one hottie to the next. We were there pretty much all day long and by the end of it we were all trying to curtsy in the kitchen while playing ring toss. After the potluck, we went to hang out with Barker and Caitlin who had JUST arrived in Oakland from Boston. They moved into a house about 2 blocks away from the Full House House. Then we came back to the Full House House and hung out some more, ending the night with a Mariah Carey dance party. Then Barker said, "I don't know where I live :-(" so me and Steve O walked him home.

The next morning Kayla and I took resin hits and decided to go get breakfast at Rudy's. We stopped by Barker's new house and invited him and his friend Metro, but they had already eaten breakfast as it was close to 4 PM.

It was pretty awesome feeling like I lived at the FHH again. For about 2 weeks I had my own room and my own set of keys because Anabel was in South America.

OHMYGOD, I wish I could recount every single day I spent in Oakland. So many fun things occured. I remember very little of it at this point.

There was one morning where me, Jose, Erica, Kayla, Nate, and Steve O all went to breakfast at Lynn and Lu's Escapade Cafe near the Lake. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside. Our waitress was really nice. I ate the fluffiest fucking pancakes on earth with blueberry sauce. Everyone was so happy.

Erica and I went back to this place too towards the end of the month because it was SO GOOD. We ate fruit, drank tons of coffee, and talked about a lot of things. My symptoms came back during the last week I was there. It sucked hard, but I'm better now.

I got to spend some time in bed with my main Oakland jam. It was really fun. I hadn't seen him in a while. I like him. He is cool. Yet he still remains one of the strangest dudes I've ever interacted with. That's totally fine by me.

Dan, Kayla and I went to the Hemlock to see The Splinters!! It ruled! They are fucking awesome and sooo pretty. I was thinking, it's kinda weird, all the bands in Boston THINK they are good, but they suck. And all the bands in Oakland are actually REALLY good, but they dont give a shit because they're too stoned all the time. This night turned out to be interesting and fun. I saw Justin from Nobunny and I was all, "HEY I KNOW U" and we chatted and he was like "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY LET'S SMOKE MY BIRTHDAY WEED" and I was all haiiilll yeah. We went outside and he smoked up not only me but Kayla and Dan too, and on weed that was given him as a gift. Whatta guy. Then we all realized we had no way to get home so we walked across San Francisco to take a bus across the Bay. We missed the bus by like 5 minutes, so Justin paid for us all to take a cab home. I sat in the front seat and had an in depth conversation with the Cab Driver. He was kinda a freak, but apparently liked my skirt and thought i was a good girl.

I also saw some other shows including Shannon and the Clams (twice! at least!) Prizehog and Wildildlife, Nobunny, The Dashing Suns, and Hott Daxx EVEN played a private show for us inside Jed's room cuz I asked them to. I love those boys. Joe showed me a preview of the new issue of New Realms and it looks fucking incredible. He told me that the new ones are going to be a lot more dirty and perverted too, which I am so into.

I went to San Francisco and watched the Storm Troopers practice in Luke's bedroom.

We all went on a long nature hike as well, it was pretty cool but very tiring as we were all INCREDIBLY stoned and also kept stopping along the way to smoke more.

Nate and I also went to this art show type thing in a fucking GIANT warehouse. The art was pretty okay. I have pics.

Sigh. I dunno. It was so great being back in Oakland although a lot of people were confused by my presence there. Most of my time was spent smoking weed and hanging out with Erica, Kayla, Nate, Dan, Jose, and Steve O. The way it should be.

I always have these crazy new ideas but right now my plan is to go on tour in March, come back to L.A., get a job with health insurance, make some real money and then move back to Oakland. I gotta be there. Unless for some reason in the time being I become an actor in stupid movies. Now that...that would really be something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment