Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Did I mention that Kayla is here? Well, she is, and I am very glad about that.

A couple of days ago we decided to go to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery! I had never been. It was a nice day. There was a peacock on the loose and some guy was chasing it with a broom and it kept screaming.



We saw a lot of fresh gravez. But these here, these are palm trees.



We went inside a mausoleum.





It had pretty windows.


Thennnn we decided to "do something else fun" and went to the Griffith Park Observatory. Except we drove all the way up this time and parked in a parking lot instead of parking on a street wicked far away like me and Evan Parker did and having to walk like 3 miles up a wicked steep fucking hill.

It was fun like we hoped!



We sat on a ledge. Here's Kayla enjoying herself.

Then we went home and probably ate something really delicious. We've been doing that. It's nice.

That was Friday.

Saturday was heccccccckkkkkkka fun.

We were looking for something free and fun to do, and my new friend the Comedian suggested that we come to a "Comedy Party". When we found out that a "Comedy Party" means that you go to someone's house in the Valley, they give you tons of free beer and alcohol, everyone smokes weed, people play beer pong, there are dogs there, and then funny people tell really funny jokes in someone's garage which has a bunch of awesome couches and chairs in it, and then a High School Musical Pinata is smashed and everyone eats weird candy, and then the hosts bring out a giant hookah and we smoke some fruity tobacco, we decided we definitely should go to that.

Sharlotte came with us! We went to her house beforehand and made falafel, it was really good.



Here she is in her Christmas-themed hat.



Here's a guy telling jokes in the garage wearing a Hepcat workshirt.

This party was so much fun! In fact, we had planned to bail on this party at 11:00 PM sharp to go to a show, and ended up staying until like 3 am.


We've been really into comedy in the past week. We like it because it's free, and so far we have seen Chris Hardwick, David Koechner, and Maria Bamford TWICE.

We just love to laugh.

When Kayla and I both lived in Boston we would go to comedy shows together. Mainly she would meet me in South Boston where I worked, and we would walk to Faneuil Hall or take the T to wherever a Rob Crean show was happening and we would smoke mad bowls and then go to the shows and get wasted and heckle the comedians. In a loving way, though. I am sure that everyone hated us. If it wasn't me I probably would have been like, "those girls seriously need to shut the fuck up." But I am a bitch kind of.

Anyway it's fun and is just like old times!!

On Monday night we went to Hollywood to see a comedy show that our new friend the Comedian was hosting. We took the bus and missed our stop cuz we were on drugs and babbbbbblingggg. So we got off the bus and went into the grocery store to get snacks. I got an apple and a Snickers! And, I am pretty sure the morphine man was in front of me in the grocery store line!! Weird huh?

We asked people how to get to Sunset Blvd. Which, if you think about it, is a pretty well known street, and no one seemed to know how to get there. So we walked and walked and asked even MORE people and finally someone very close to it told us the right way, and we found it.

The comedy show was at the Hollywood Bar and Grill which was in a plaza and they made us buy two drinks which ended up costing $17!! Oi!

But, the show was fun. Chris Hardwick was funny, and my friend the comedian gave me a HUGE bag of pretzels which me and Kayla snacked on alllll the way home. (I ate my apple during the show.)

I didn't take any pictures that night. We took the bus home and stayed up pretty late chit chatting and watching Sex and the City.

We've been eating a lot of cereal too. I fucking love cereal. It is the best snack! Currently I have Crunch Berries, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, and Special K Fruit and Yogurt. Yum.

THENNN last night we went to another free comedy show! It was also a fun night!
It was in Downtown L.A. right next to the 5 Stars Bar in a small-ish theatre with EXTREMELY comforable seats that were really big and cushy and had awesome armrests and reclined almost all the way back.

We took the bus there and this dude kept trying to feed us stuff. First a chocolate donut, then a banana, and then he kept trying to convince me to let him find me new shoes.

I don't wants no new shoes, thank you, I said.

Then he wanted to smoke weed with us and hang out. He was old, and from Tennessee, and racist as shit! I gave him a fake phone number. I hope he doesn't read this.

I also made some art. Here it is!



Here's a painting of some lil' sheep or something I made at Sharlotte's. It was inspired by nursery rhymes and the Blink 182 poster.



Nintendo Power Collage #1



Nintendo Power Collage #2



Nintendo Power Collage #3


THE END! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment