Monday, May 24, 2010


I posted about this comedy show we went to last week already, but I forgot to post this picture that I took from it. This is some lady. She was the host. This night was fun. Our new friend the comedian gave us a ride home which was VERY nice and then we went to Danny's and got helllllllla stoned.

Thennn on Saturday night we decided to go to a hipster dance party in Chinatown.

We took the bus there. The place it was at was really weird. The building looked like a restaurant from outside, but inside and upstairs it was a huge loft style place, and they had a roof deck with really shiny grills and stuff. It was AWESOME. We got there kinda early though and it wasn't that bumpin. So then we went outside and walked around looking for some type of store. But then we remembered that Chinatown doesn't really have those. So we went back to the little area where the party was, which happened to be right next to the Mountain Bar which is where I played a couple of weeks ago. They were playing some fresh jam or another so we decided to go in there instead of back into the dance party. We got vodka and 7 Ups and they tasted bad, so I notified the bartender and we got vodka and red bulls which are SUPPOSED to be more expensive but were actually free! Yay. We went to the upstairs part so Kayla could look at a hot barkeep and sat on a comfy couch and chatted for a while and this large crew made me take their picture.

Then we went back to the dance party and there were tons more people there, but it STILL wasn't that cool. We danced to like 3 songs, some guy looked at my apron and was like HELL YEAH!!! and gave me a high five, but I'm still not sure why. Could he have been a Jetavana Grove fan? Had he simply no idea what the fuck was going on? Possibly. We wanted to ask the weird looking DJ if he knew anyone with drugs, but then we just decided to leave instead. We took the bus home. We were waiting at the bus stop and some dude pulled over and got out and was like, "Hey, you guys need a ride? I'm going that way! We can smoke!" and we were like "uhhhhhh..." and then some other dude with a limp and neck tats came up and was like "HEY! What the heck are you doin man??? Are you girls over 18???!!" And Kayla was like, "no!"

Well, I think he said "are you girls OVER 18", which is why I thought it was so hilarious when Kayla answered the way she did. But she thinks he said "UNDER 18". We will never know.

Then the limpy man was like, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" and the first dude left and me and Kayla sat on the bench and didn't say anything.

It was strange.

To be honest when he mentioned smoking I kinda wanted to take the ride.



Then on Friday night we decided to go to a Hookah Bar in Hollywood. Except it wasn't a bar. It was a "lounge". I actually called it a "club" at one point and felt like a really big douche and looked down at the ground. This is a picture of the ceiling.

Casey and his friends met us there and we all drank IBC root beer and smoked some hookah.

Me and Kayla got Wild Berry; the boys got Red Velvet. The Red Velvet one was really good. This place was weird!!! It was cool though. Eventually we left and saw mad dudes getting arrested on the street. We went to Casey's, smoked weed, listened to tight 90s jams, and played Apples to Apples.


Dude on the left won by a landslide. Ass. I came in second!!!


Thursday was a really really fucking beautiful day so Kayla and I decided to have a picnic on the beach. Our picnic ruled! We had watermelon, PB and Jays, delicious drinks, chips, AND cookies.

And weed.


Some freaks were having a benefit for something or other and there was a really intensely shitty cover band playing at it. We heard them soundchecking. It sounded like shit. I got to park for free because I ALWAYS get to park for free!

Then after the beach we went with my brother to a Playboy comedy showcase in Beverly Hills. But it was not fancy, and it was most certainly NOT FUNNY! I drank a Shirley Temple (so good) and chuckled once, maybe twice. But there were boobs. Like...6. Me and Kayla decided that Hef would not have approved of the night's comedy, were he there. It was tasteless and terrible. I took this picture:

What's happening here is that some guy is supposed to paint a predetermined picture on this scantily clad girl's body, and this other lady is supposed to guess what it is. The prize is absolutely nothing and this guy was the WORST DRAWER EVER. One of the words was "lollipop" and he painted a square with like, two dots on top of it.

Audience participation.

Those people in the front loved every second of it. They were weird though.

Now Kayla is watching Lil Jon's takeover of MTV or Fuze or something and I am doing this.
I wonder what will happen today?
This weekend Erica and Dan are coming and I can NOT WAIT!
They will be here on Saturday.
It will rule.
I am playing a comedy showcase at the Silverlake Lounge with Paul Scheer.
He is doing comedy.
I am doing music.
He is funny.

I AM EXCITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment