Yesterday I cut my hair. I also cut Jose's hair. I paid for weed for the first time in a long time and got a mushroom fudge treat which I will eat on my birthday.
This is pretty much the most I have done all week, besides go to Walgreen's. I asked Kayla if she wanted to come, but she couldn't afford it.
I was thinking, this entire year has been pretty overwhelming. Lots of stuff has happened within it. Let's take a peek:
- September 08: I move to Oakland, CA with my boyfriend Steve O. A few days after getting here I learn that my cousin, who I grew up living next door to, has killed himself. I'm at Best Buy when my mom tells me over the phone.
- October 08: I turn 24. My uncle Harry dies.
- January 09: Have Mercys tour California.
- March 09: Have Mercys visit NV, AZ, NM, TX, OK, UT, CO. My uncle Jack dies.
- May 09: I begin seeing double at all times, without relief. At first I assume it's from smoking too much weed, because at the time I really was smoking a lot. An unnatural amount really. But it never goes away and life becomes surreal. I feel like I am living in a dream because everything I look at only seems vaguely there. Also, I break up with Steve O.
- June 09: I no longer am able to smile, swallow, chew, breathe with ease, or speak intelligibly. I spend a night in the Emergency Room of an Oakland hospital, which is COMPLETELY fucked up. (Note: it wasn't ALL bad because Erica stayed with me until like 2 AM and also brought me food, but there was LOTS of screaming, and one of the dudes in my room had been assaulted with a shovel while standing in his front lawn. Also another one of the dudes in my room was a hobo who had gotten into a hobo-fight and got his face broke. So they were all like, moaning in pain a bunch and shit. Gross. There was also a male nurse who was being a jackass to everyone, being all like "I JUST TOLD YOU!! I CAN'T GET YOU ANY DRUGS RIGHT NOW!! I'M NOT A DOCTOR! LIKE I SAID, YOU HAVE TO WAIT!! DON'T GET PUSHY WITH ME!" But he was nice to me, maybe he was a racist motherfucker. But anyway, at one point I needed something and I went, "Hey Christopher?" and he said, "Don't call me sir, it makes me feel like I'm back in the Army!")
- July 09: My left eye begins to droop like Popeye or some bullshit. I visit Boston to go to a cousin's wedding and my family decides to take me to the hospital instead. I spend an entire week at Beth Israel (on the floor used exclusively for old as fuck people/people with fucked up neurological diseases. So I constantly heard old assholes screaming, shouting the same words over and over at various times throughout the day, and one night at 3 AM I awoke to an old woman SCREAMING, saying "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! WHO ARE YOU! YOU DON'T BELONG HERE THIS IS MY HOUSE!!! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!! I WANNA DIE!! OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD, PLEASE COME HELP ME DIE." I also had 3 different roommates during my stay. The first one was my favorite. She looked like she was maybe 117, but in reality she was only 65. I'm not sure what was wrong with her, but she was as crazy as a sonofabitch, and spent her days between the bed and the chair. When she sat in the chair she had to wear a helmet. She was very very small. She would often rip open the privacy curtain between our two beds and say things to me, mostly things like, "Did you see that man come in here to take my tray? I think he took my purse." And I would say, "No, I think that's your purse right there." And she would say, "No. He took it. He was touching it. They're all trying to take my things. He doesn't even work here." And I would say, "Yes, he obviously does work here", and she would say, "I don't think so." She thought they were doing fucked up experiments on her too. When they came in to take her blood or give her medicine or whatever she called them stupid idiots and would always tell them that they didn't like her at all. I loved her.) Finally after this week of gruesome tests I learn that I have an auto immune disease called Myasthenia Gravis. Jenna, Joanna, Nelly, Kait, Brian Clark, Waffles and Jaimee all come to visit me. I love them.
- September 09: Steve O moves out of The Full House House. Devin moves in. My medication has finally kicked in and I can see, smile, swallow, and breathe again. The downside is that I have to take a bunch of medication for the rest of my life. Eww.
That pretty much brings us up to speed I guess. What a fucking weird year it has been. I find it pretty emotionally draining to think about it all. But it has also been one of the funnest years of my life. And tomorrow I turn 25, and about a week after that I move to L.A. Hopefully more cool shit happens. The End
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment