Well, this is the beginning of my blog. Seeing as I effectively quit my job today I figured now is a great time to start one. Plus I want to be just like Kayla (who is currently snoring in the rocking chair beside me. Don't tell her I told you she is snoring! She'll probaby deny it. She is going to read this.).
I will also use this blog to post pictures and tell charmed antecdotes of my life in Oakland, CA. In a month I will move to Los Angeles and hopefully continue this routine.
This morning, I called [insert name of giant clothing store chain here] because I wasn't feeling very nice and I decided not to go to work.
Phone: Ring Ring, Ring Ring.
Manager: Hello.
Me: Hey, _____? It's Colleen.
Manager: Yeah.
Me: Uhhh hi...anyway, I don't really feel good today and I don't think I'm gonna make it into work.
Manager: But [Name of Mega Clothing Chain] is trying to make $[some amount of money with at least 5 numbers in it] today.
Me: Uhhhh.....ok.
Manager: So you need to either come in or find someone to cover for you.
Me: Well, I can try to find someone.
Manager: It's NOT okay to call in on a Saturday when we're trying to make $[some amount of money with at least 5 numbers in it].
Me: I mean....I'm sick.
Manager: Find someone to cover for you and call us back. Okay?
Me: Uhhh, I'll try...
Manager (probably): CALL US BA-
*CLICK*
NOPE!!!!!!!
This fucking blog brought to you by the preceding phone conversation. No more work, for the rest of my days. That's a song I wrote once.
I was gonna post pictures, but it was taking way too long, and there's a show at my house tonight so I have to go TCB now. But I'm thinking tomorrow....yes, tomorrow I will post again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i tried to comment on this already but it didnt show up. Anyways, it said:
ReplyDeleteLIES!
<3K
This is possibly the most glorious blog post I've ever read. It's like the beginning of an awesome 80's comedy.
ReplyDelete-Mike